Monday, December 8, 2008

Trimming the Tree


We got a real tree this year, since we don't have any little ones to choke on the pine needles. It's quite big, and takes up alot of space, but what fun is a Christmas Tree if it doesn't? This was "Pre-Ornament" hanging.




Me unwrapping the ornaments. All the kids got to hang up their own, and Sierra hung up hers, and the ones for Josh, Jeremy, and Aubrey since they weren't here. Brenden gets to take his and put them on his own tree this year. (I got 2 cavities filled just an hour before this, so my lips are pretty numb...)





This was part of the process...kids hovering around waiting for their ornament, and the story that went along with it.






Paul was in charge this year of fixing the ornaments that haven't faired to well over the years. He did a great job of gluing, and fixing.







Again, part of the process. This picture captures all the kids that were here to help us. Jacob in the back of the tree, Sierr and Daniel in the front, and Andrew kneeling down by me.





The finished product. The tree is sagging quite a bit, since we have a lot of pretty heavy ornaments, and the fact that ornaments for 8 kids are on the tree, plus the ones I had growing up, the ones for Paul, and the few that we have together.




This is my Americana tree. I normally don't let the boys help me decorate this tree, but this year I caved. They did a pretty good job. We had great fun decorating the trees. Christmas music playing in the background. Only thing missing was my yummy hot chocolate, but we haven't gotten to the store yet to buy the ingredients.




4 comments:

Dani said...

I love that you have a story about each ornament. Those are the stories they'll tell their own kids about.

Pretty trees!

The Georgians said...

Wendy,
We miss you so much. You guys look so happy. I am glad you are getting your happy ever after. Preschool is not the same without you. My girls and I truely miss you. Hope to see you soon sometime in the future. Who know maybe in a couple of years we will be back for you to teach Sophie.Take care, Allie

The Georgians said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet Thwaits said...

Beautiful trees. I love you and your family and so enjoy all the pics on your blog. It has been quite an eventful year for you hasn't it sweetie?? I love you, Mom