Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New York Mets

Andrew is playing baseball this year. He decided against soccer, which made me a little sad because he soooo good, but I let him make that decision on his own. Actually, he had decided against playing any sports this season altogether, but after playing with a bat and ball in the front yard, and him hitting a ROCK pretty far, and mom getting upset with him for hitting a ROCK so well, possibly hitting cars or houses, he decided he was a pretty good hitter and wanted to play baseball!

I signed him up in Orem. I decided against Lehi because they wanted to charge Saratoga Springs residents and extra $32 to play, so instead of $65 for Lehi residents, it was going to cost me $97. Orem was $75. I am boycotting Lehi anyway, because they are charging us way more for everything, so I am just not using their facilities anymore.

Anyway, Andrew has really enjoyed playing. It is machine pitch at this age for him. He has never played t-ball, coach pitch, nothing, so this is pretty new to him, and he is doing really well. He really knows how to hustle. Paul and I are pretty proud of him and his effort. He looks very focused when he plays.

He seems to really enjoy being the catcher. I think he looks adorable, and that's all I look for, but Paul says that he actually is a pretty good catcher. I guess Paul would know. He works with the boys at their practices, and at home, showing them the proper way to hold the bat, throw, etc. They sure have enjoyed the fact that they have a High School Baseball Coach for a Stepdad. Between Paul and I, we have been able to make it most of the games, between Jacob, Andrew and Daniel.
How cute is he?

1 comment:

amanda said...

Aww....he is so cute! Yay Andrew!