Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Phew!

I think I am about ready to start updating my blog...a little at a time. If I look at EVERYTHING I have to add, it will seem too overwhelming. Preschool is over for me, and has been since the 22nd of May. The 3 older classes had a graduation program. Normally this takes place outside, on my front porch. It's a pretty big front porch, and works perfect for a stage. Unfortunatelly, the weather this year decided NOT to cooperate. I ended up having to move the graduation inside. This wasn't as horrible as it could have been, since our house is now EMPTY of all the extra furniture, due to it being on the market. The kids adjusted pretty well to the change of venue and it didnt' confuse them that much.
The Tuesday after Memorial Day I started working at Utah Pet Center, as a receptionist. (The same vet clinic my dad is Medical Director of) I have actually enjoyed working with adults for the most part. I forget how petty they can be sometimes, but it's nice to be able to have a conversation with someone without having to interrupt and tell them to get their finger out of their nose. Friday, I cam home from work with a little bit of a cough, and pretty tired, but I didn't worry about the cough so much, and the fatigue I just figured was what I was in for every Friday after a week of being on my feet. (I try not to sit too much, get up and move around...I do some butt exercises...every little bit helps)
I woke up Saturday feeling pretty stiff, and knew that something wasn't normal. It got worse as the day progressed. By Sunday I was miserable, alternating between hot and sweaty, and turning purple I was so cold! I had Jeremy (Paul's 21 year old son) and Gary (one of my best friends hubby) come and give me a blessing. (Paul was in New Mexico picking up Sierra and Josh) For those of you that know me very well, I hardly ever ask for blessings. I was able to sleep pretty good that night, and actually woke up feeling pretty good Monday, but called in to work just in case I wasn't completely over it. I still had my cough, but my body didn't ache. By Monday afternoon, I was miserable again. Finally around 7:15 p.m. I called my mom and asked her if she would come take me to the after hours place by my house. The verdict...I have a pretty nasty viral infection. My fever was at 103. I asked if he could give me anything for the pain...percaset (forgive my spelling!) lortab, or lethal injection. He gave me lortab, and promised that was preferrable to lethal injection. He also told me not to go back to work until Thursday. So today I stayed home, got the fever thing going again, took meds to help that, and then decided to take a lortab so I could get some rest. Not long after, our realtor calls and tells me that some people would like to come by and look at the house...NOW. So I am woosy, trying to sweep, mop, vacuum, and do a little clean up. Thankfully Paul did a pretty thorough cleaning before he left. After I got done with the cleaning, my mom and Preston show up with a Sonic Drink for me, so that was much appreciated. I decided to hang out with my mom until the people came to look at the house.
Finally, I was able to get back into bed, and try to sleep, but my cough was bugging so much that that was almost impossible. Paul got home about 6:00 p.m. with Josh and Sierra. We are sure happy to have them with us for a couple weeks. I wish Jacob, Andrew, and Daniel could be here, but they are with William for a month, so they won't get to spend time Josh and Sierra this time around.
I am getting ready to take another lortab, and I took a cough suppressent, (Paul called the pharmacist to make sure it was ok) so I can get some rest.
I didn't intend for this to be this long. Hope you weren't bored. I will write more, with pictures, hopefully tomorrow. There has been SO much going on!

No comments: