Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Promise...I really can cook!

Ok, to start this story off, I need to tell you that I was reading my niece's blog the other day and died laughing when she posted the fact that she was making a casserole for her boyfriend and didn't actually cook the noodles before she put them in the casserole! Her boyfriend sat there and ate a crunch casserole. We had such a good time at Amanda's expense. So, going along with the phrase what goes around comes around, I will begin my tale.
It was Easter Sunday, and we were all going to go over to Teri's house to eat dinner. I was in charge of the scalloped pineapple, the frog eye salad, and the deviled eggs. I put all the eggs into boil, and then went upstairs to change out of church clothes. I apparently compeltely forgot about the eggs, because I laid down to take a sunday afternoon nap. I woke up some time later to the fire alarm going off. I told Paul not to worry about it, it was probably Jeremy cooking something downstairs. He went down anyway, and say the all the water had boiled out of the pan and eggs were burnt black, and exploding all over the kitchen! It was really a pretty funny site. I didn't take pictures, because I wasn't going to admit it to anyone...then came Monday night.
We were just doing a quick and easy dinner. Grilled Cheese and Soup. Between the five boys, (Paul, Jeremy, Jacob, Andrew and Daniel - I am not a fan of soup) they wanted 3 different kinds of soup. So I get all that going, and then start on the grilled cheese. I get Andrew his food, then Daniel. Jacob is in the shower, so Jeremy is next in line. He starts to cut his sandwich diagonally, and brings it to my attention THAT THERE IS NO CHEESE IN THE SANDWICH...just 'grilled bread'. So, between the eggs on Sunday, and the grilled cheese on Monday, I really need to convince everyone that I can cook....so I am off to make spaghetti - 0's. Just kidding, but I actually could go for some!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey hey hey...he could have chose not to eat it. :)

As far as grilled bread...my favorite!

Shari said...

That is so funny Wendy. I have had some of your cooking, and I can say its good. :)