Saturday, July 12, 2008

Memorial Day

This past Memorial Day weekend really wasn't like any other we had had. Aubrey was graduating from High School, so Paul was able to go down to New Mexico to be there for that, so that left me and boys to our own devices. I really didn't feel like doing a BBQ on my own, so I decided we would rent a Hotel room, play all night Friday, go to Build-A-Bear and a movie on Saturday, and then head home. The boys had a great time. I loaded up on snacks, and let the boys swim as long as they wanted (it was pretty chilly so it wasn't for terribly long) and then they sat in the hotel room eating snacks and watching TV all night. The weekend was all about them, so I didn't have a bed time for them or anything. I fell asleep before they did! The next day we went to Build-A-Bear, and then we went to go see Prince Caspian. I was surprised, but I quite like it. (I haven't seen the first one)
Paul was back by the time Memorial Day actually came around, so we went to go see Indiana Jones, and then went to Mom and Dad's for a BBQ.
Most of the pictures are self explanatory, but the one with the Build-A-Bear box and the HUSKY is something the boys wanted to do for Paul as a "thank you" for the weekend. Even though he wasn't there, he helped plan it, and and boys wanted him to know how much they love him and are glad he is in their lives. Paul teaches at Hillcrest High School, home of the Huskies, so the boys thought that would be the best one to do.






1 comment:

DeVries Family said...

Wendy...hello! it's Mary Ann DeVries! I saw your blog through Candice Nielsen's through Jeanie Earl......if that makes any sense? Cute pic! You have such handsome men in your life!!! And Paul's girls are beautiful! I hope you don't mind if I visit on a regular basis! I am hooked to blogging!