Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I am going to try to take a minute to update this blog. I celebrated my 35th birthday on Sunday. I can't believe that another 5 years I hit 40. YIKES! It was a nice weekend. It started with my Mom taking me shopping Friday afternoon. We bought a really nice blouse for me to wear on Saturday...(story to follow) Paul and I went out on Friday. We went to Outback, and I tried to be really good about eating. I did eat the whole baked potato, but only a few bites of the steak...but we also had some bloomin' onion. HOWEVER, we probably ended up taking more than 1/2 of it home. We couldn't go out on Saturday due to Priesthood session. Then my girlfriend Dani took me out to lunch on Saturday, inbetween sessions. We had a realtor come over after the last session on Saturday...(long story, but we have decided that we are going with a realtor) and tell us the things we need to get done before we list it with him, so even if I was going to go out Saturday night, I couldn't have. Too much to do! Sunday, Paul organized a family party for my birthday. We had a lot of people there, and it was a great time. I really appreciate Paul taking the initiative to do that. My girlfriends Robin and Heather are going to take me out to dinner in a couple weeks, when hopefully I have all the things done in my home that I need to do....I also got many birthday wishes from friends and family that live too far away to visit.(SWAMPWITCH...)

This is the cake Paul got. He was horrified at the colors, but I think he did a pretty good job. Looked like spring! (The day after my birthday, it snowed...arghhhhh!) Don't pay too much attention to the use of my middle name...he said he put it on there because he could! :-)
Most of the pictures that I took didn't turn out terribly well. Lights too bright, blurry, etc...but if you check out mom's blog, she has a few. (http://www.janetthwaitsblog.blogspot.com/)
Teri, Jason, Alisa and Alison

Jeremy, his Girlfriend Amanda, and my niece Amanda, and her boyfriend Dave.

Grandma and Andrew

Doug and Kellie

Dave and Amanda again.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Happy Happy HAPPY Happy Birthday Wendy sweet cousin!!!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate your special day! Sending love your way....

Janet Thwaits said...

We had a great time. It' so good to be close. I love you, Mom