Tuesday, April 15, 2008

NO DEAL!

Ok, it has taken me a few days to update about my Deal or No Deal experience. Saturday morning, I drove to my mom's, and then she drove me to the R.C. Willey in South Salt Lake where the auditions were taking place. We got there right about 9:00 a.m. The line was already huge, but we were told that as long as you were in line by 1:00 p.m. you would be able to audition. I was in the part of the line that was actually in the parking lot so I felt lucky....until someone coming out of the warehouse told us that the line inside was zig zagged for about another mile! I was in line for a total of 6 1/2 hours. We were then put into groups of 10, stood around a table, with one person from the audition staff, and we each had 20 seconds to tell that person about us. Then 2 people would be chosen to do a second interview. So after 6 1/2 hours, and 20 seconds later, the wait was over, and I didn't make it. But I really had a good time. I told Paul I would do it again, just not next weekend. I got home and my body was SO tired! It took me a couple days to recover. I took some pictures of the whole event, including me before, and after! I bet there were about 10 thousand people there. No kidding. When I got done and went outside, it was 3:30 and the line in the parking lot was still enormous. I am sure it was a late night for the Deal or No Deal Audition Staff.



Before the long day. Feeling pretty fresh.








This was taken very shortly after I got in line. Looking toward the door that eventually would lead to auditions.




These pictures were both taken at various stages of actually being inside the warehouse! (The first one was RIGHT when we first got in.) I knew there would be a crowd, but people came from Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho. A lady in front of us rode her SCOOTER from Wyoming to Salt Lake! Some people are really NUTS!
This was me after the day was over. Mom came to pick me up and take me back to my car....I WAS SO TIRED!

2 comments:

Janet Thwaits said...

This was amazing!! I'm glad you enjoyed it ~ I was a nervous wreck all day!!! I couldn't believe all those people ~ and standing in line for six and a half hours YIKES! I love you, Mom

Cody said...

I'm so proud of you for trying. That's awesome. Talk about endurance! I wanted to email you the other day, but I don't have your email. What is it? My is codysowards@gmail.com. :)